Friday, June 7, 2013

Breast Feeding Journey @ Amsyar 1yr 2wks :)


Alhamdulillah

With all His will and patience given to me, Zulhafidzey Amsyar is blessed with mommy’s milk for the past one yr ++, alhamdulillah. It’s really a bliss for me as I was really struggling with Iman’s supply before, the exclusive pumping period and being pregnant with Amsyar on Iman's 6th mth birthday.

But it’s true that experience is really the best teacher.


Iman was breastfed until 7.5mths. And Amsyar was exclusively breastfed until 6mths and continues on mommy’s milk until today.
Alhamdulillah




To tell you the truth, I don’t have freezers full of stocks and not even a single bottle in stock since Amsyar is 8 mths old. But persistence and consistency for every day expressing to meet daily target really did made me done it. For the sake of baby Amsyar.

Amsyar needs 24oz of milk daily since 2mths old and decreases to 16oz when he started on solids. But still 16oz is a struggle for me.(--“)

I had my low supply days though..especially when the hormone starts working it’s cycle correctly again. Damn, it was tough..but I really did’nt want to give up.Now, supported with juices and yogurt drinks, amsyar only drinks 10-15oz of mommy’s EBM daily. Alhamdulillah, rezeki is still there for him.

I always choose family over work. I will excuse myself in a meeting to pump. lantak lerr. And bring my pump whenever I have outstation work. To vendors for joined-checks, for gemba auditing, for checking out on new suppliers, or even to the service centers for a market problem investigation. Sometimes I do wish I have FS pump to be on the move ALL the time. But I guess, some gratitude of what we already have is what I really need actually. Really mommies, a good pump is maybe a good thing, but its not an essential. Detemination is much much what you really need. Trust me!

I am really thankful for a supportive life-partner, for packing my milk bottles and pumping thingy’s day in and day out. Having good support is quite essential too for motivation and support. Thank you honey.

For the reason of keeping up the milk supply, I force myself to drink 3L or mineral water at work daily. But by last, it became a routine and, it really did helped me to keep my complexion better. I took some fenugreek and alfalfa at first, but in the end, I realized that plenty of water actually does the work J







Breastfeeding is really an art. It’s a journey. It is not easy, but its do-able and it needs a lot patience, persistence and a lot of love in it.

May Amsyar enjoy his rezeqi as long as he could.
I am not targeting anything now, cause sometimes goals could lead to stress..so be what it may.
Inshallah~







Enjoy ur journeys mommies. Its really a treasure to be a mommy!
Whether ur working or staying at home, with modern or a natural parenting views.
A mommy will always be a mommy :)



Enjoy your weekend ahead!


Love,

Zahra

No comments:

LinkWithin

jom terjah :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...