Sunday, June 17, 2012

Quick Sunday updates - on confinement :)

Salam ladies :)

Guess what?I'm home alone today :) oklah..with amsyar only.
The whole household is out.
Including Iman who went with his uncle and mak uteh to mrsm TGB to visit maksu!
So i'm having this whole house on my own! Yeah!!
Crazy.Dok sengsorang pun nk suka.

So how's things going on? Me, I finally could cough comfortably now..and also i could blow nose whenever i want, alhamdulillah. I hope my tummy heals well though. I don't know what's happening inside tho.Just on the surface, it looks clean :)

Amsyar.

Amsyar day 25 :)
As for amsyar, he's grow stronger, and chubbier by day alhamdulillah. Just mom still says 'amsyar' is a weird name. yeke? maybe nama moden.haha..nama baby skrg.i think many other names appear much peculiar to me.apa2 lah mak.asalkan mak jgn silap sebut sudah. On the first few days she was constantly calling my baby 'amsaar' instead of amsyar..hehehe..sounds funny tau mak.sian baby amsyar..

..


I just can't wait for his 1st month check-up next week to find out how's the progress :) Amsyar is such a cool baby so far with not so much trouble for mommy. Cool je even kena cakar dgn abg Iman and lepuk kepala beberapa kali..well baby, life's hard. AbgIman is trying to teach you from early age that.
ayoo..Iman.jgn nakal sgt.pening mommy tau.



Pantang

So far berpantang, i tend to be more moderate and took confinement in a more modern point of view.
For food - I ate healthy food.And fruits and veges which in my view are ok mcm - sawi, bayam, carrots, apples, oranges, pears, grapes way from day 1. Several fruits and veges mmg i drop out of diet like bananas, papayas, cabbage and durian.

I drank 3L of plain water daily, took a fair amount of milk & milo..and also some coffee once in a while. Favorite snacks - almonds, kurma or raisins or just bread. i took also some chillies once in a while (sambal ke..masak asam sket ke) which really makes my rice taste better.hehe.


Favorites : nasi panas, cencaru bakar and some sawi&carrots


Meals include chicken, meat and fish of most kinds (except some -eg keli) either fried, grilled, baked or steamed while keeping the oil to the minimum. Most of the times, keeping up to the simplest is best.As mom is working and MIL is not well, i cook for myself from day 4 and once in a while when my sisters were around, they cook and grill for me. Breastfeeding really puts a challenge on me for food. Asyik lah lapar memanjang.

Despite all of that the big no-no rule still applies to eggs, makanan bercuka, pineapples, air kelapa muda and ice. Owh how i crave for magnum..sedapnya :'(

As for postnatal care- belum buat apa2 lagi treatment or take any jamu yet. Waiting at least until 30days to start any urut, bengkung or tungku except for gamat pills, vits & iron pills and mustajab halia cream for back, forehead and feets :). I bet most post-ceaser moms are having this terms as well. Just taking care of the wound, having hot baths and wearing socks when mom's around. So far I'm ok and having plans to go with NR Phytonatal pills as per after Iman before :)

Just to conclude- I think, best for a mom to recover after giving birth is to be happy and comfortable all along the confinement period. Happy-ness is essential for plentiful of milk supply and the best milk booster ever :) Klu terhalang atau terpantang sgt what to eat, how much to eat, 2glass of water only per day, mmg depress..wound lambat heal, and worse susu tarak. Bila susu takmau keluar, baby pun xhappy. Mommy mana yg happy with a all-time crying baby.

So speaking from previous experience, I really tried my best to be better this time..try to avoid stress and voila, everything is much better :) I could even walk at normal pace on my 14th day, remembering last time, i was even really slow motioned boarding the plane on my 30th day. Alhamdulillah. Frankly, It was quite depressing last time when i was only allowed to eat rice with black pepper and grilled meat/fish. No veggies as it will cause the baby angin. And not too much water as it will make my wound wet and not heal (what?). And no to most of things, even bread and crackers :'(.

When Iman was refusing direct feeding, my poor baby was even said to be possessed. Terkena something which needs kena siup (i don't know the proper word) dgn bidan/bomoh kampung. Hmm.. I was literally suffering..well as a new mom- who isn't. But i need to obey as to respect my in-law family. The beliefs they were brought up in. The beliefs they brought up my husband. This is how they live on. My husband, of course was on their side. 

My mom, tho also a kelantanese was an absolutely the opposite way around. No- I'm not rebelling or complaining, but i at least it was a lesson learn from the experience. I really appreciate their efforts to take care of me and Iman before..and even i learnt so much in terms of baby care and also post natal recipes. Thank you mama and mek.

Now, at least i know. i know better :)



Ok la..tajuk quick update.but dah jadi berjela jadinya..
Take care all of you.



Love,

Zahra

*I miss work. I think I don't really miss doing the work..i just miss the ritual of everyday walking side by side my husband to and fro from parking to R&D office. O what to do.I'm just hopelessly romantic (^_^)V








2 comments:

Cerita bonda said...

comellah amsyar...

Ummu Iman Amsyar said...

thnx sarah..muka mcm hindustan.tanned :p

LinkWithin

jom terjah :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...